Most recent tour report:
- Jul 26, 2017: VENTflash #223
- Jul 12, 2017: VENTflash #222
- Jun 28, 2017: VENTflash #221
- Jun 06, 2017: VENTflash #220
- Apr 25, 2017: VENTflash #219
- Apr 06, 2017: VENTflash #218: Wild & Ancient Britain with Ireland Cruise - Free Webinar!
- Mar 24, 2017: VENTflash #217: Antarctica, South Georgia & the Falklands Cruise-Free Webinar!
- Mar 21, 2017: VENTflash #216
- Feb 03, 2017: VENTflash #215: Fiji to Tahiti Cruise - Free Webinar!
- Jan 31, 2017: VENTflash #214
Victor Emanuel started birding in Texas 69 years ago at the age of eight. His travels have taken him to all the continents, with his areas of concentration being Texas, Arizona, Mexico, Panama, and Peru. He is the founder and compiler for 50 years of the record-breaking Freeport Christmas Bird Count, and served a term as president of the Texas Ornithological Society. Birds and natural history have been a major focus throughout his life. He derives great pleasure from seeing and hearing birds, and sharing with others these avian sights and sounds, both the common ones and the more unusual ones. He initiated the first birding camps for young people, and considers that one of his greatest achievements. Victor holds a B.A. in zoology and botany from the University of Texas and an M.A. in government from Harvard. In 1993, he was the recipient of the Roger Tory Peterson Excellence in Birding Award, given by the Houston Audubon Society in recognition of a lifetime of dedication to careful observation, education, and addition to the body of avian knowledge. In 2004, he received the Roger Tory Peterson Award from the American Birding Association, and the Arthur A. Allen Award from the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology. Victor is a past board member of the Nature Conservancy of Texas, the National Audubon Society, the American Bird Conservancy, and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. In May 2017, the University of Texas Press published his memoir, One More Warbler, A Life with Birds.